Naked…

Now that I have your attention I’ll pass along a few driving tips.  From personal experience over the last 24 hours I think Atlantans could use a few reminders when it comes to severe weather motoring.  At CBS Atlanta we’ve covered several stories where drivers hit a patch of ice that sent them sliding sideways or worse.  Many of these folks were in SUVs.  PLEASE remember that SUV’s (for that matter all cars) are only as good as the people who operate them.

Manning the wheel of an AWD mechanical mastadon does NOT mean you are impervious to the occasional slip ‘n slide.  Tire pressure (check every several days during cold weather ) and tire condition, can really impact how your vehicle handles.

This Alberta Clipper system, like many others, formed over Canada (apologies) so we’re fairly adept at moving through them:)

Safe driving everyone,

D

Foster - January 10, 2010 - 1:45 pm

that’s not fair

BaronVonAwesome - January 10, 2010 - 3:37 pm

Awww c’mon! That headline is just unfair.

shane - January 13, 2010 - 5:57 am

nice to see someone paid attention during Bait And Switch 101.

Roarmeister - January 20, 2010 - 11:32 pm

Dagmar, why, why, WHY did you ever leave Canada?? We miss you, especially while doing Driving Television! :) Cheers!

BTW, what’s worse – an Alberta clipper or a Colorado low? [Saskatchewan resident thinks - HE - knows!]

And here is a video about trying to drive on ice on a HILL. Apparently, these drivers say “it can’t be done!”

John Amos - February 19, 2010 - 1:45 pm

Dagmar You Rock!

Good to see you have another website.

Still missing you in the Mornings here in the Great White North!

Keep on Keeping On!

And Keep Smiling!

XO

John

Steve Perry - February 20, 2010 - 11:12 am

You have to remember that most of the people who live in Atlanta are from somewhere in the south and thus have way too limited experience in these kind of conditions. Those of us who have the experience must always assume those around us can’t drive in these conditions. As for me, I generally stay off the roads in these conditions. I can handle it, but since most Atlantians can not, I want to stay out of their way.

By the way, I am glad you left Canada. You leaving Canada made it possible for us to experience the unique and wonderful contact that is Dagmar-Midcap

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.