The Journey Continues

Two years ago today, I received a phone call that changed my life in unthinkable ways. The immediate, all-consuming darkness that followed the sudden loss of my dear friend was so overwhelming that to imagine anything but an end to my own life as I knew it, was not within my ability to envision. Through the loving support of family and thousands of caring souls such as yourselves, that ‘ending’ has evolved into a ‘beginning’.

I truly apologize for my silence in response to the thousands of kind-hearted people who reached out with words and thoughts of encouragement. I have not until recently, had the inner strength to respond in any meaningful way as the emotions were still too fresh and heavy to bear. For all the love that was sent my way, thank you – you may never understand how deeply it was felt.

I have taken the past year to reorganize heart, mind and body at the most profound levels. For me personally, simply standing at the waters’ edge has had extraordinary regenerative effects…add a critter (or two, or three) to the mix and it’s heaven on earth as you can plainly see by the expression on my face during a recent visit to La Jolla.:)

Where my renewed life will lead me is the adventure I look forward to most greatly. It might be back in front of the camera, it may be in the jungles of Costa Rica aiding wildlife conservation – or both…whatever that new path may be, my paramount desire remains to help safeguard our planet’s wondrous ecosystems while delivering joy and inspiration to all I can reach.

I recall standing in the makeup room at the station in Atlanta listening to various, outwardly successful co-workers lament their current status in life. “Is this it? Is this all there is? It’s all down-hill from here isn’t it?” – one person would ask repeatedly. If you have laid aside your spirit of adventure, the answer to those questions is ‘yes’. In his musings from ‘Ithaka’, the Greek poet Constantinos Cavfry encourages us to enter harbors never before seen, carrying with us all the riches we have gained along the way.

It’s not the arrival that counts, it’s the journey.

D

Paula Maddox - July 27, 2011 - 8:44 am

These photos are wonderful! Who shot them? So much life and fun!

@p0pularstranger - July 27, 2011 - 8:44 am

Nice post… ATL misses you!

Michael - July 27, 2011 - 8:45 am

So sorry for your loss Dagmar. Stay strong. God bless.

Rob - July 27, 2011 - 8:52 am

Hi Dagmar,
You have a fine looking K9 friend there. I’m a fan of the white shepherd and have helped 4 live out their lives in safty and they have offered nothing except unconditional love in return. Sorry to hear about you loss. Good to see that you let yourself enjoy life again. Take care. Rob

John - July 27, 2011 - 9:01 am

Oh D…

You’re true fans and friends have been truly concerned about your well being…You are an incredibly special young lady…Your care for animals warms my heart.

I recently got a dog after 25 yrs without one…and I was inspired by you rescuing animals…He was as we call it in NW BC a “rez dog” I bought him for $40…The cutest pup in the litter and he picked me…I knew I could give him a better life in town with me…I Love my lil Harley…He has one blue eye and one brown..a border collie/husky cross…so full of energy but a whole lot of fun!

I know you have been through a tough situation and I feel for you (((HUGS)))…but always remember your fans and friends are always here to support you.

Keep your chin chin up D! I can’t wait to see you on TV or in the movies SOON!

xo

John

ps u can e mail me if u wanna c pics of my puppy…=)
J

Larry - July 27, 2011 - 9:10 am

Hi Dagmar, good to see you up and moving again! I watched you in Atlanta and It hurt when I found out why you left.
Please come back to TV and share that big smile and your warm heart!
Love you always, Larry.
Please take a look at my web site and maybe it will inspire you. Larrywicker.org

James O'Brien - July 27, 2011 - 9:18 am

All the best to you Dagmar. Try not to dwell on things that you have no control over. You have already discovered one key in life. You must place your happiness first.

Claire - July 27, 2011 - 9:31 am

It’s so nice to see that amazing smile again, the shots above are great.

Hotlanta is missing you!

Take care of your animals & they will return it tenfold.

James Aldredge - July 27, 2011 - 9:42 am

Dagmar,
It is so good to see you smiling again, and that you’re able to now look towards the future. We miss you terribly in the ATL, but sincerely hope that you find happiness and peace where ever life takes you.

James

Shawn - July 27, 2011 - 9:48 am

Hello Dagmar
Your story could be written like a movie that would make you cry and warm the soul. I have been a fan of yours since you were the weather girl on BCTV and driving television. It sadened me to see you in a sad state after your loss, I am glad to see you have gotten stronger. I want to see you return to the big screen to show your lone time fans that you have over come your loss. I hope California is treating you good, I know it did for me.

Geoffrey - July 27, 2011 - 10:27 am

Those pictures are fantastic. Talk about 2 happy creatures!

All the best.

Bret Sullivan - July 27, 2011 - 11:00 am

Dagmar, it is good to hear you are doing well. My friends and I missed seeing you at the UGA/UF game last year but you may remember us from the previous years. Interesting that you mention going to Costa Rica as I live there. If you ever do find yourself there feel free to contact me at bretsullivan@gmail.com if you need a place to stay on the beach or anything at all. Cheers.

Anthony Chiappa - July 27, 2011 - 11:07 am

Wow, I am Impressed Dagmar. I am So Glad Your Depression Is Gone.
And You are very happy person again. Thank you From the heavly skys above, for helping Dagmar to get over her friend’s Death.
Dagmar I am Hoping You will Come Back To More Weather And You are Very Good Weather Reporter,On Camera, I saw you in the films you are very good at it, continued doing more films, Hoping god will letting meeting you one day. I am The Biggest Fan Of yours , You can teaching me to do better things like not annoying you, i want to become a better person. want to thank you for helping me not to worry, it is not good for you at all. you are a wonderful person, I want to thank you . won’t say the word Sorry, i know that it ennoys you. but i will say this you learn from your mistakes. god bless you sister in christ. love you always even though we never met . love Anthony xoxox

Jeff Nowicki - July 27, 2011 - 11:25 am

<3 from ATL. Best of luck in your new life. In our short time together you touched my family. We love you.

Dawn - July 27, 2011 - 12:43 pm

Dagmar,
Stay strong, we sure miss you here in Atlanta! Great looking K9 friend you got there too!
Big warm fuzzy hugs to you!
Dawn

Michael J. Anzalone - July 27, 2011 - 1:15 pm

Dagmar, it is soooo great to see you smile, I love it. Be well and keep sending us posts.

Bobby Nichols - July 27, 2011 - 1:22 pm

I knew when you left Atlanta of your loss and I am truly sorry. I hope you find whatever it is you seek. It is hard to move on once you lose someone but God has plans for us all and one day you will understand why that special person was taken from you. I miss seeing that beautiful smile each day. The pics were great and I see that smile slowly coming back. Good luck in whatever it is you decide to do and know you are loved in Georgia.

admin - July 27, 2011 - 1:34 pm

Thank you Bobby, for your kind words. Hearing from folks like you always warms my heart. It’s sometimes easier to see why someone is ‘taken’ than it is to understand why a person would take their own life. Those left behind will continue to struggle with ‘what if?’ and ‘where did I miss the signs?’, signs that are painfully obvious in hindsight. The best we can do is move forward to help heal pain in ourselves and in others.

D

Jamie Marshall - July 27, 2011 - 9:42 pm

D

My compliment to you for taking care of yourself as well as your critters. You are a wonderful lady who shall continue to add to this world. Bless you for being you and yes, I am sorry about your loss. It was nice of you to talk with me about it when we met. Best wishes Gorgeous and please continue to be you.

Keep A Smile
Jamie

Chuck - July 27, 2011 - 11:33 pm

Blessings on you as you continue to heal. You have a lot of love coming your way. Peace.

Nelson L Price - July 28, 2011 - 5:52 am

It is good you are moving forward with your journey and finding the positives that will help you and others around you. Here are some scriptures that have helped me:
Josh 1:9………… “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Rom 8:18………… “…consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”

2Tim 4:7………….. “Fight the good fight, finish the race, keep the faith.”

I look forward to your journey what path it may take. May God Bless and take Care

Narley

R Hillyard - July 28, 2011 - 2:29 pm

Dagmar, I miss seeing you in Atlanta but understand you completely. The love of my life came to me some time ago, but there were mental problems that she had that would never make our relationship normal. We were together about 3 years. Things caused us to lose one another, but we had a love so deep that I think about her almost every day. I moved on and met someone who I love dearly, but Connie will always have a place in my heart and my soul that is her’s. I think back and wonder what I could have done differently. I think about the past but live in the present, and am grateful for how God has blessed me. Like you, I am a free spirit who loves animals and trying to eat healthy, and that causes me to relate to you even more. There are great things ahead for you. You are a wonderful person with a good heart. The fond memories of our past are always there for us, but at the same time, I look forward to the coming memories I still haven’t experienced.

Randy - July 28, 2011 - 5:33 pm

I’d settle for a day at the beach… splashing in the waves with Pogo, a warm back rub, and a nice long shower sounds pretty good to me. I guess I’m selfish. Ha! That west coast water seems a little chilly. I noticed you were kind of cringing a bit. Probably feels pretty good on a hot day though. OK… back to my current girlfriend… the computer. … … …

paula gerletti - July 28, 2011 - 6:27 pm

Hi Dagmar. I had to look you up and see where your at. I think you are a special and talented lady – and Atlanta is not the same without you! The west coast is so beautiful, and the air is so nice without all that humidity we have here. I used to live up the coast from you in central california, around Pismo Beach. No matter where you are in California, north coast, south coast, or inbetween the weather is usually nice. You look like you are healing and enjoying yourself – which is good – take care.

Bill Fiske - July 29, 2011 - 2:23 pm

Dear Dagmar, it’s so wonderful to see you smiling again. You’ve had plenty of inspirational messages already, so I won’t add too much of it. The Lord is most with us when we’re most alone and helpless, and we have to remember that everything changes, even when we think it never will.

Speaking of ‘Ithaka’ (Ithaca, NY is 18 mi. from my home) it should feel pretty good to know that there are 4300 supplicants worshipping at the Goddess of Midcap’s altar. You stay visible, we’ll stay loyal.

Strange how all those blog postings about your considerable feminine charms – some of them rather vulgar – have stopped since you revealed your personal struggle, and only those who love you – without having met you – post comments any more.

Love, prayers and admiration from your #1 fan in upstate NY – Bill Fiske

p.s. Wikipedia says you were born in 1969. Obviously a typo. Those photgraphs say 1979 is more like it.

David Sutherland - July 30, 2011 - 12:39 am

… Dagmar , THX for the post & pics , great to see you back in foam , wishing you a serene journey into the future from Vancouver , B.C. …

Randy - July 30, 2011 - 3:57 am

I am thinking of the first day I saw you on the news. It was Christmastime in 2008. My heart raced. On January 1st, I sent you my first email just hoping for a response. You did not disappoint. I felt alive and my hope was renewed. The more I learned about you the more inspired I became. Your past. Your involvement. Your triumphs. Your losses. Your everlasting smile and energy. I am thinking now of that scene in “As Good As It Gets” where Nicholson says, “You make me want to be a better man.” I may have written that before. It still applies. I wish I was a better man. You deserve more than you’ve received. If I could take away the years of hurt, or apologize for the lies, the cowardice, the lust, the lack of care shown to you, whatever it is that has most hurt you, I would. If I could give you back the years stolen from you by hurtful men so that you could be young and fully restored again, I would. My cup runneth over. My heart bleeds for you in honor, in joy and in thanksgiving. I am not afraid. I am only ashamed of having made you wait to begin to be a man. Thank you so much for having the courage to be more than the world teaches a woman to be. I am not as good as what I am writing, but you deserve to hear it.

Tom Stone - July 30, 2011 - 7:01 pm

Hey Dag,

It’s great to see you smiling and having fun again. It’s a long, hard road that you have traveled, but life is all about coming full circle. You need to get back to the Dagmar we used to know..the one with indomitable spirit, great charm and grace, and unmatched love for all creatures. We need you back, the animals need you back, the Planet needs you back! So…Get Back. Soon.

On a personal note, I would love to hear from you. I have a neice in LA who you would love to meet. Like yourself, the Earth is a better place because she’s on it. Take care. Much love, TJ

scott - July 31, 2011 - 7:01 am

Richard Moon - July 31, 2011 - 9:15 am

D :
SOOO…Good to hear from you and to see your photos.I was worried about you as there were no postings since March 2011.Sounds like you have a good positive mental attitude and are moving forward in your journey.
You and Pogo are having fun in the surf.Pogo keeps looking in the water to see if he can find a fish to catch.It has been so hot here, my two cats have curled up in a cool corner of the house and have not been very active.
Keep your chin up,stay strong,”Watch your top knot”,take care.
Richard (Marietta Moon Man)

bill - July 31, 2011 - 6:19 pm

You took some of the sunshine out of Atlanta when you left, but I am glad to see your doing well.

John Gerdts - August 1, 2011 - 6:52 am

Atlanta misses you. You look Happy. For that, we (who admired and loved you) are all happy! Great Dog!

Charles - August 1, 2011 - 7:31 am

Hi Dagmar,

Just wanted to say it’s nice to have an update! You are of course still missed (and talked about fondly) in our office!!!

I’ll keep checking the blog for more news. Meanwhile, all the best on your new endeavours!!!!

Anthony Gunter - August 1, 2011 - 8:06 am

“For me personally, simply standing at the waters’ edge has had extraordinary regenerative effects…add a critter (or two, or three) to the mix and it’s heaven on earth as you can plainly see by the expression on my face during a recent visit to La Jolla.:)”

‘GREAT’ statement Ms. D. I know perfectly what you mean, having lived in San Diego and being raised in Los Angeles.

I love all those Southern California beaches–something about them just seems to heals one’s soul.

Keep enjoying those sights out west.

P.S. If you haven’t already, check out Big Bear Lake and Lake Arrow Head. Your dogs would have a great time. Not sure about your cats though.

Allen & Teresa Burkhardt - August 1, 2011 - 6:39 pm

Teresa and I continue to pray for you. It seems that you are doing better, that is a answer to prayer. GOD loves you,
Ms. Midcap and I know you will continue to heal. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

GOD Bless ,
Allen & Teresa Burkhardt
Lawrenceville, Georgia

Bill Fiske - August 2, 2011 - 6:35 am

How much more moderate could my comment have been?

KEVIN - August 7, 2011 - 5:22 pm

I AM GLAD TO HEAR AND SEE THAT YOU ARE DOING WELL. LAJOLLA HAS THE MOST CALMING AND REJUVINATING EFFECT. I MISS SEEING YOU HERE IN ATLANTA.

Buzz Brazelton - August 10, 2011 - 10:37 am

Hello Dagmar,

Glad to see you’re enjoying the West coast. We certainly miss you in Atlanta, but I am sure you would not miss this heat and humidity that we are currently experiencing. I used to live for awhile at Sunset Beach so I know how nice the weather there is.

Looks like your dog enjoys the water and beach. Make sure you take him to Dog Beach which is right by Huntington Beach. It’s quite a unique place.

Good luck with your new life and try not to forget us. We won’t forget you.

Buzz

Randy - August 10, 2011 - 11:41 pm

I have a cousin and her husband who are moving from Jacksonville to Lemoore, California around Christmas. He’s in the military. They want to get back to the West Coast where it’s drier and cooler. They lived in Oak Harbor Washington for a few years prior to Jax and loved it. Wish I could tag along. I’d love to get back to the beach where I could enjoy the water, bum around in the sun, etc. I miss Florida… especially all there was to do. Everyone in a big city just works all the time where stress is king. Real people enjoying simple fun is hard to find in the city. Everyone’s too busy working. I like a little yardwork, painting, fixing little household problems that I can, teaching others computing or golf. Taking out the trash and cleaning litter boxes… no problem. Grocery store shopping, occasional cooking, doing the dishes… no problem. If I could combine the Andy Griffith Show with the beach, some sports, a little travel, taking regular timeouts to watch the animals play in my backyard, and Dagmar fixing me a healthy meal now and then while I enjoy a greasy ‘ol cheeseburger in between… I’d be all set. Can anyone say, “A little slice of heaven!” Maybe I want too much. Nah!

Berthold Heber - August 13, 2011 - 4:31 pm

Dear Dagmar,

I was appalled to read something similar happened to you. I made the same experience about four weeks ago. My girlfriend I loved more than everything died in a tragic accident. Still I have no idea how much it will change my life and I still do not realize that she’s not alive anymore. Maybe discovering new countries and new experiences can help … I don’t know … Yes, life continues but yet I have no idea how …

…All the best to you,

Randy - August 15, 2011 - 10:12 pm

Our company is celebrating its 18th year in business tomorrow. I’ve been there for over 7 now. It has definitely been a rollercoaster ride these past couple of years. Actually, more like we dropped down the big drop and kept dropping is more like it. At least I could come home at night, turn on the TV, and see a beautiful smiling face with the joy and charm of about 1000 people stuffed impossibly into a tiny little body. That was my 5-hour energy drink. I’m not so sure I want to see her in front of a camera on a daily basis again though. The biz has got to be especially rough on honest and loving souls. I don’t want to see her worn down like a used pinball machine. I wonder how her therapy is going though. I wonder where she’ll be in a year or two. I wonder if she’ll be living in a foreign land even farther away. I wonder.

admin - August 17, 2011 - 1:17 pm

Hi Berthold,

I’m so very sad to read of the terribly shocking passing of your loved one. My heart goes out to you. Please trust and believe that although at this moment in time, you may not have any understanding or vision of a future without pain and emotional agony, time will allow your mind to rebuild. You will never forget the love of your life, she will always live in your heart and mind, but the day will come when you will be able to think of her and a smile will replace the tears that now fall. At this point in your life you will have to find the strength to live one minute at a time, but the nightmare you are currently enduring will diminish and lose its power over you. It may seem impossible to imagine today, but there is a brighter future ahead. And please remember most of all, she would have and will always want to see you enjoy life :)

D

casey - August 18, 2011 - 4:47 pm

I hope you will write a book someday about your journey. You have a lot to share with others. Best of luck to you.

David C - August 18, 2011 - 7:43 pm

Dagmar, I’m just happy that you’re happy! We miss your smiling face here in Atlanta. Thanks to Rodney Ho at the AJC for doing an update. You should know that you’ll always be warmly and enthusiastically welcomed back in ATL. Bless you on your journey.

Fred and Pat Heacock - August 24, 2011 - 1:17 pm

We miss seeing you on tv and hope you are doing well.

tim - August 28, 2011 - 6:08 pm

we miss you very much here in atlanta . happy to know you are doing well in ca tho

Robert Guyse - August 31, 2011 - 2:51 am

Due to financial hardship, I moved to Atlanta to take advantage of a job opportunity in 2007. It was a physically and mentally draining experience that left me asking myself, “What have I done”. Life, for a number of reasons, was not enjoyable. Many times, I have put myself in positions that left me with few choices. This was yet another. It was time to “Man-UP” and put forth that effort that seems to only show itself when I have backed myself into a corner. So, I did. As grueling as it was, there was this pleasant distraction that mesmerized me. Part of my job is to monitor the news and on channel 46, there was this spirited, enthusiastic, breath of fresh air. I also have to track weather conditions, but I found that after seeing Dagmar Midcap deliver the weather forecast, my recollection of what she said left my head. That “breathy” voice and that smile that lights up a room left me dumbfounded.

That job led to another opportunity and so, I left Atlanta in 2010. Before leaving, I noticed that lovely weather girl was no longer gracing the big screen. I miss her.

My new job has taken me a while to master and that being the case, my head has been buried in learning the in’s and out’s. Recently, a hurricane (Irene) reminded me of that weather girl I was so fond of seeing on the news. Searching for her on the Internet, I find myself here.

Dagmar, I am sorry to hear about what has happened to you. When bad things happen to good people, it changes them forever and thus their course in life. You have changed your course and left Atlanta. You are truly missed. You have changed your course and started a blog that allows people to share with you the impact you’ve had on their lives and at the same time, they may provide some comfort to you. I hope so.

“Constantinos Cavfry encourages us to enter harbors never before seen, carrying with us all the riches we have gained along the way.” I hope the harbors your soul lands upon brings you never ending happiness.

Frank - September 4, 2011 - 8:10 pm

You are loved and missed in Georgia, you covered more than Atlanta. God grants rewards to us children, work, animals, and life. Embrace it and move on, cherrish everyday strive for a smile and hug the world. Remember you are loved, by the grace of God. Truly miss you, but God places us where he needs us, every meeting is an opportunity to share. Keep the smile, pass the spirit. Thanks

tribalstylemedia - September 8, 2011 - 11:02 pm

Good to see you are adjusting out there. Weather reports here will never be the same without you. I really do mean that! You have a spark, a light, that certain something the french call
“je ne sais quoi”. Live free, love openly, and make someone’s day a little brighter!

P.S. I’m jealous you went to La Jolla! I miss the west coast. :^(

Wayne McDanal - September 14, 2011 - 11:24 pm

We still miss you in ATL. Hope life is getting better for you.

Gerry - October 18, 2011 - 10:29 pm

Miss your face on Atlanta TV.
News seemed a little easier to take with you on the team. Nice to see that smile again. Wish you the best……….
(dog seems to be lovin the coast)

Scott - October 25, 2011 - 8:37 pm

I had the amazing luck of being in San Diego on business and caught your initiation on NBC. I have to admit, I did a little research and cried when I read your story. Being a ‘victim’ of childhood horrific crimes I have always wondered ‘why’. You’re amazing smile, beautiful personality and delightful way gives me hope that there is life after tragic events. You have found the secret to putting the past behind you. Care to share your secret? I would love to hear. Great job today.

Bill Peters - October 31, 2011 - 9:58 pm

First time seeing you was tonight on the SD NBC 6 p.m. weather segment. My immediate thought was – wow, she’s beautiful and easy to listen to as well. OK, you can believe what you want – I’m an old, love starved, creepy old man. I hope that’s not true. I have four of my own daughters and two steps and a bunch of grand kids. I also had the good luck to meet up with my back fence neighbor when we were in high school and we are happy together. So there! You can make what you wish of that. I was probing around your web site and your pictures and stuff.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss and your having to go through a mourning process. That must have been very tough. The fact that you are out here in So Cal and stronger than ever just proves what a strong and wonderful person you are. I wish I were young again and were free to pursue some of the interests that you have and I admire you for that your concerns and interests.

One of my daughters became an MD because of what I said to her one night while she was in middle school. I almost lost her to alcoholism over the last ten years. Luckily she is doing well in recovery. My point here is that the things we say and the examples we set may influence people we know or don’t know in ways we never expected. You are in such great position to influence so many people.

I failed retirement by volunteering at the local community television station, KOCT in Oceanside. My greatest satisfaction is being able to kepp busy and to work with some of the fantistic young interns we have at the station. They are high school and college age and are amazing kids in so many ways. It gives one great hope for the future of our society even though we see so many kids with problems and unacceptable cercumstances in their lives. They are all smart if given the chance and the nurturing. You are in a great position to do that in many ways.

It was great to see you on NBC this evening and look forward to your soothing face and voice in the months to follow. I hope you are able to fully recover from your sad loss and can continue to fulfill your dreams and passions.

Bill Peters,
Staff Engineer,
KOCT, The Oceanside Channel

Mark Georgiopoulos - November 1, 2011 - 8:39 pm

Hello Dagmar and welcome to San Diego! I just turned on the television and it happened to be on NBC 39 just in time for the weather. Lucky me!! I saw the most lovely and radiant new face and you were so delightful that I had to find out more about you, which led me to this website. I must say, now that I’ve read your musings and the accounts of trials and loss that you have experienced, I am even more impressed. You seem so strong and spiritual and genuinely seem to be a good human being! So, once again, welcome to the most beautiful city in America to the most beautiful new inhabitant!

Peace,
Mark

Evan - November 29, 2011 - 1:29 pm

Ms. Dagmar Midcap. Welcome to San Diego. You are a breath of fresh air. Your eyes are so full of life, It is a pleasure to watch and listen to you as you forecast our weather. I truly hope that you will be here for many many years. Your beauty is classic, I told my family that you remind me of a Gil Elvgren model. Best wishes for a long and successful career.

William Silver - November 29, 2011 - 4:24 pm

Profound loss can send most human beings into a tailspin, which is part of the grief process. The length of that process varies from person to person, but there comes a time to where it is just stuck energy and is impeding forward motion in an individual’s life. My mission is to let people know that there are non-drug, natural solutions for grief, sadness and anger as well as trauma-related PTSD responses. Those of us who have used what is generally called EFT process (I have used it successfully for over 20 years) continue to call upon the VA and other agencies to incorporate this effective healing work into their treatment programs. With so many troops returning from war, the VA is overwhelmed with caseloads of PTSD sufferers who need help NOW!
EFT can be used in groups, individually and even over the phone, by trained practitioners.

For a loss, such as Dagmar has suffered, an hour of EFT will neutralize the emotional burden and associated depression that years of “therapy” can’t clear up. EFT processes don’t “erase” the memories, whoever the emotional connection is neutralized, allowing the ability to release the event from being the pivot point in one’s life.

Anyone can learn it and kids LOVE use it daily, as they go through the ups and downs of growing up in today’s world. I am available for free presentations in the SD area for those who are working with trauma clients or just loved ones who have been stuck in an emotional hole for extended periods of time. It is healing for the 21st Century and everyone should learn this valuable and easy to use technique for the benefit of their families and communities. I urge you all to consider investigating this powerful, non-harming work.

Best wishes to Dagmar for her continued recovery from her loss and I encourage her to embrace all that San Diego has to offer such an intelligent and versatile woman.

Roger Clemens - December 9, 2011 - 9:57 pm

Dagmar, keep your chin up girl, life is awesome. we( the community we share and I)understand the overwhelming passion for life and all too often lifes hurts that attack from left field. please allow love and compassion to feel your inner soul. Love again.

Roger

Wayne - January 14, 2012 - 7:24 pm

You are loved by so many here in the Atlanta area. The weather here has been horrible since you left. Come back and bring your sunshine along. It is great to see you soaking up the beautiful outdoors. You are a bright and warm inspiration in a sometimes difficult world. We love you here in Georgia.

Ray Foster - February 9, 2012 - 9:05 am

We sure miss you in Atl, Miss your pretty face on tv weather here

Ray Foster - February 9, 2012 - 9:07 am

We sure miss your pretty face doing the weather here in Atlanta

Paul - February 20, 2012 - 9:36 pm

Dagmar, in a world of over done news celebrities, you are certainly a breathe of fresh air. I don’t know what brought you to San Diego, but Atlanta’s loss is truly our gain. Beautiful, classy, smart, witty and with a sincerity that seldom comes through in TV personalities, thank you for being here.
I likely will never have the chance to actually meet you, but if I could it would be my pleasure to have my time enhanced with your presence.
Please stay in San Diego and continue to put a smile on my face each day as I look forward to weather in ways I never did before. ;-)

Take good care of yourself,

Paul

Jean Murdock - February 24, 2012 - 6:02 pm

And in all of that pain you reached out to me when my beloved Mariann made her transition on 3/11/10. You are a totally amazing being.
Jean

Jean Murdock - February 24, 2012 - 6:06 pm

In all of the pain that you were feeling, you still reached out to comfort me when my Mariann left this earth on March third in 2010.
You are truly an amazing being.

thelma - February 24, 2012 - 7:43 pm

Hi, welcome to san diego. I chuckle when you are amazed at the wonderful weather here. you and christine can hardly believe your good fortune to be here. Catherine wonders what all the fuss is about as it is always good weather here. It’s why we are here. It’s why we pay so much for a house, gasoline etc. We put up with the traffic and enjoy the weather. I was raised north of chicago. arrived here in 1959. still love it. i know we will have good weather when you come on, i still enjoy your report. enjoy!

Dennis Bond - March 6, 2012 - 7:41 pm

It is pure joy to watch you every evening! Your attitude and flirty smile always keeps my attention. Good news to you always!

Eric Buclatin - June 22, 2012 - 1:53 am

Hello Ms Dagmar Midcap. First of all, welcome to San Diego. Seeing you give the weather on NBC 7 with your happy personality is very uplifting. Today I just read what happened in your life that caused you to leave Atlanta. I’m so sorry for your loss. I too recently lost a loved one, my Mother. I was by her side when she passed on Feb 6th at 10:27 pm. However, I never got a chance to say good-bye. I miss her so very much, everyday. We had a very good relationship but, it could have been better. I’m glad that you are doing much better in life and sincerely hope you find that special someone, you so deserve it! I so enjoy your weather reports. Take care You!

[...] a few months off her blog, she reappeared on July 27, the second anniversary of her ex-boyfriend’s suicide. I truly apologize for my silence in [...]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.